Monday, March 16, 2009

How to Combine St Patrick's Day and Real Estate

(Before you read this – go get yourself a green beer and speak with an Irish brogue (that is a fancy word for accent)) I was going to title this blog "How to Use a Leprechaun to Sell real Estate", but I just couldn't get it to work. Anyway..... Aahhh St Patrick’s Day – my Irish side always comes out on this day – well everybody’s Irish side comes out on this day. I have been thinking of how I can sell more houses and St Patrick’s Day is a perfect day. What better day to sell than on a day that is so GREEN. Our slogan for today should be: “You Don’t’ Need the Luck of the Irish to Buy One of Our Homes” We have programs for anyone who wants to own a part of the American Dream today.

But I want to think bigger. There was no ground swell for my “Forget the Flowers, Buy a House” Valentine’s Day program. In fact I got a few nasty emails from florists on the suggestion at all. But everyone is Irish today and they love green. I was thinking of having a slogan for today: Don’t Go to the Pub – Buy a House & Save the Money. But I like to go to the pub. So maybe I should modify it to be: Go to the Pub after you Buy the House and Celebrate with Friends” Everyone wants to celebrate when they buy a house and with today’s prices you cannot go wrong. In fact I believe if you let everyone know you just bought a house at the local pub you would get more than a few pints on the house or from other patrons.

So plan your day by calling your Realtor and tell them what type of house you are looking for and go buy a house. The economy will get an immediate boost. Much quicker than the stimulus package that was approved last month.

Maybe we need some help and I do not mean Washington DC. I was thinking more in the form of a Leprechaun. I have heard that if you trap one they have to reveal the location of their pot of gold and with the price of gold I am sure we could purchase many houses. So I did some research on how to trap a Leprechaun (the internet is a wealth of knowledge… isn’t it). You can use a box, net or any other clean container. The bait is very important. Yes you guessed it – Leprechauns love Lucky Charms cereal. So make sure you add them to your bait. Since Leprechauns are greedy, money is always a good thing to use and lastly they like four leaf clovers. Placement of the trap is critical to success. Rainbows are good to use on or around your trap. Set the trap and wait for the Leprechaun.

So we have our game plan.
1. Trap a Leprechaun
2. Get his pot of gold
3. Call a realtor
4. Buy a house
5. Go to the pub to celebrate

Well maybe just the last three items on the list, but it is fun to think about the other two. As we all know home ownership is the fastest way to better self-worth. We could use that today.

Irish Toast: May the roof above you never fall in,
And those gathered beneath it never fall out.

Irish Blessings; author unknown:
May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be ever at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face and the rain fall softly on your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the hollow of his hand.


See ya at Mike’s Roadhouse on Dale,
Mike

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

Great post. I have a house that I'm going to sell on a lease to own, and today I'm going to market it using a "St. Patrick's day theme". Thanks for getting me in the spirit.

All Housing Solutions said...

Mike, thanks for the great and inventive post. I shall apply it to the purchase of the new property we currently are looking at. Who knows with a little bit of the old Leprechaun's gold (private money) we'll get it. All the best!