Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday in the Real Estate World

Still working on the move today. I almost have it done. I actually unplug my computer network at my old office and reassembled it at the new location and it worked right out of the box. No technical tweaking needed. I think that is pretty good.

I have a URL I want to share with you. I found it very good in explaining the credit crisis.


The Crisis of Credit Visualized from Jonathan Jarvis on Vimeo.

It shows that our problems are very complicated and it will take some time to work itself out. We will need to be patient. But as real estate investors we can help the system by buy properties and offering to people who need housing. We offer houses with Owner Financing or Lease Purchase Option (Rent-To-Own). The people who defaulted on their loans will need a place to live. The number of people that need housing has not decreased. It is the pool of people who can qualify for a loan that has decrease. So this creates a niche for creative real estate investors to buy property and offer it to hard working people who need housing.

So research your market, see what is listed and at what price and look for value. Yes, even in this market you can find value. It maybe be a little beat up but we can look beyond that. What is the median price in the neighborhood. Microsoft's Streets and Maps can help you visual quantify your market. I will load property values and their address and see what trends show up. I may see a cluster of properties that have been reduced in an area that has stabilized. The values are out there; it just takes some work. A good realtor can be a tremendous asset. Make sure you include a realtor in your power team.

See Ya,
Mike

No comments: